Top 10 Shopify Apps for your Shopify Store — Secure & Protect Customer Data
Why is it necessary to secure your shopify store?
Securing your shopify store is an integral part of maintaining & preventing your shopify store from any security breach. You can secure your shopify store and protect your customer’s data with Shopify security apps available on the Shopify AppStore. These apps will help with efficient store management and, as a result, provide customers with anti-theft protection.
Here’s how you can protect your shopify store from online threats, Following are the top 10 must-have apps for safeguarding your shopify store:
If you already have your own website or application and now you have decided to start your Shopify store for more business opportunities then this shopify security app is a must have for you. You can connect all your websites along with your Shopify store so that your customers can use the same login credentials on all the connected websites.
1.Single Sign On ‑ SSO Login: It enables secure access for users needing only one set of login credentials, it will enable easy one-click access to all connected applications and websites. Multiple Identity providers and multi-site environments are supported for the authentication process.
If you are completely new to Shopify and don’t have any other store or application then you must install this shopify security app for securing & protecting your store & keeping your customer’s data safe.
2. 2FA ‑ OTP login: Two-factor Authentication increases the level of your shopify store’s security by adding an additional layer above basic authentication and keeps your store away from spammers and non-genuine users. Users don’t need to remember passwords and can log in using OTPs received on their phone/email.
You can use this shopify security app to move one step forward and let your customers login using Facebook, Twitter and many more social media platforms.
3. Social Login: Login to your Shopify store using 20+ social media platforms.
Now that you have set up your Shopify store successfully and are wondering how to synchronise data from other websites/applications to Shopify, then you have to put this app in your basket. This shopify security app will take care of the synchronization of data between the Shopify store and all other websites/applications you have.
4. Scim‑provisioning‑deprovision: With this app to synchronise our customer’s data over our multiple stores, it helps to automatically synchronise data between all your stores and applications reducing the required manual work.
Now that you are successful in creating business over Shopify and planning to use more CMS platforms for selling your products online. You can use your Shopify store login credentials to login to any other CMS/LMS platforms including your other websites and applications.
5. Store as IDP‑SSO Login to Apps: Same as Single Sign On app mentioned earlier. This app uses your Shopify store as an Identity Provider i.e you can login with one click to any other app/website if you are logged in to your Shopify store. You can use this shopify security app to connect any CMS/LMS like WordPress, Salesforce, Zendesk, Thinkific, Docebo etc. with your Shopify store along with your personal website/application.
You can extend your store security with this app, it will keep away spammers by directly blocking their IP address thus providing anti-theft protection to your store & customers.
6. Firewall ‑Country, IP restrict: Block IP addresses of customers who are spamming your store. You can also block an entire country if you are not willing to sell your products there.
To make sure your users feel safe on your Shopify store add this app to your basket to enable a trusted badge on your Shopify store.
7. TrustedSite ‑ Trust Badges: Earn secure site certificates and display them on your Shopify site. This ensures trust among users accessing your site.
Now that you have your business running well maybe it’s time to take backup of your Shopify store so that if anything goes wrong you can reset to the previous version of your store.
8. Rewind Backups: Easily backup your Shopify store. This app will help you undo, restore and backup your Shopify store. You can make any changes to the store and revert back to the previous backup using this app. It will take daily backups automatically.
This app will save you from legal matters by giving you access to the most important privacy laws for your store. Making sure no one sues your business.
9. Enzuzo: Data Privacy & Trust: Privacy manager that will save you from legal matters. Become compliant with worldwide privacy laws like GDPR and CCPA with this app
It is necessary to be able to reach out to everyone hence you need a translator to communicate better to your customers from different countries.
10. G | translate: Reach out to audiences all over the world. This app integrates Google translator to translate your website content into 103 languages. Never lose a customer due to a language barrier.
- Shopify is one of the best CMS to start your first eCommerce business or to establish your brand.
- Online store security is of utmost importance since customer’s sensitive information might be stored on the store’s database/server.
- Shopify supports third-party apps for boosting sales, increasing store security and usability. Check out all the apps available on the Shopify Appstore.
- Using the Single Sign-On app will ease the process for merchants having multiple stores or websites.
- Apps like Two-Factor Authentication are necessary for increasing the level of security and to keep away spammers or non-genuine users.
- You can use your store credentials to login to other CMS platforms like WordPress, Magento, Thinkific, Docebo etc using the store as idp app.
- Always keep your store’s data in sync with SCIM. It will avoid the risk of data redundancy and reduce the hassle included in managing the store data across various websites.